Guest Post: Ten Tips for Developing The Language Learners Thinking Skills
In order to enhance the language learners thinking skills, instructors should employ a variety of strategies. The following strategies can be use by instructors to ensure that the learners develop thinking skills.
1. Develop a well-structured teaching program depending on the level of the learnersThis will help the learners to understand the things that they are taught well and be able to understand the language and answer questions.
2. Group workMore group work is recommended for learners because it offers a chance for each member to think and participate according. Learners get into groups and search some periodicals on the language. They are to write meaningful words that they find in the periodicals and their meanings and discuss.
3. Class presentationsInstructors should allow sessions for presentations, whereby groups and individuals can present in class and answer questions asked by the instructor or fellow learners. This part of questions is particularly important because it helps a learner to think more and answer the questions asked. This will also demonstrate the ability of a learner to recall, describe and identify things that they have learnt.
4. Asking questions to the learnersAn instructor should ask questions to the learners, in order to make them think more and not wait for the instructor to break down everything.
5. Use of pictures, images and other illustrationsThis will make the learners to think about the meaning as depicted in the illustration. This will help the learners to recall the picture later.
6. Giving out various tasks to the studentsThis will help the learners to think about the possible answers and help them learn the language. The learners should be encouraged to read the questions and focus the problem, then decide on the correct answers to the tasks. Help is also available online and students can find various translations into any language. This will help students to develop interest in the language and take an active role in learning.
7. Appraising learners for their effortsInstructors should give tasks to the learners and appraise them for their efforts. This will help them in thinking more about the language and ways of becoming better in the language. Appraisals will encourage the learners to focus more on becoming better.
8. Continuous assessments to enhance thinking skillsInstructors should provide continuous assessments as they progress, in order to test the thinking skills of the learners. They can ask questions which require the learner to compare, analyze, evaluate or describe, and this will help the learners advance in thinking skills, as opposed to learning without continuous tests. The instructors will focus on the areas that they find problematic to the students and assist accordingly.
9. Encourage students to research on various problems on their ownThis will give each student a time to think about the given tasks independently or seek the help of someone who understands the language better.
10. MotivationThe instructors should motivate the learners and guide them in ways that will enable the students to focus and think about the new language and the task ahead.
Joseph Porter is a freelance writer at online essay service companies and the professionals helping to write essay for the academic students with over 14 years experience. Currently most of the academic student’s thoughts about custom essay services are not that good. But Joseph has proved them that he is one among those writers who provide the best of writings.