The emergence of language is recognized in the history of human civilization as a very important milestone. The discovery of language has gone through a very long process, it almost did not leave any traces. People today can only refer to changes in the characteristics of ancient human activities that showed some aspects of the invention of language, nevertheless people still do not know the exact time of the discovery of human language.
Now I will share with you some knowledge about languages in the world.
- There are 5,651 languages in the world (1979).
- 70% of these languages do not have a writing system.
- 96% of the world population speak 4% of languages in the world, and the remaining 4% of them speak 96% of languages in the world.
- There is only one person in the world who can speak 51 languages.
- The most speakers in this world are speakers of Chinese, English, and Hindi. Due to the rapid population growth rate, it is predicted that Hindi speakers will exceed English speakers by 2050.
- The most native speakers in this world are speakers of Chinese, Hindi, Spanish, and English.
- The official languages and the working languages of the UN are Chinese, English, French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic.
- The most dialect in the world is the Wu dialect of China. Its number of native speakers approaches the speakers of French, Korean and Italian (Wu dialect includes Shanghainese dialect and most dialects of the provinces of Jiangsu and Zhejiang).
- German is the only one that capitalizes first letter of nouns.
- Science and technology as well as medical studies use Latin terms, musical arts consistently uses the Italian terms.
- Australia has more than 200 indigenous languages, all without writing systems.
- Thai has 47 pronouns, 17 are for the pronoun "I", 19 are for the pronoun "you".
- Classification of Japanese is still controversial, some researchers classify it as an independent language.
- China has at least 80 languages.
- Nearly half of the Chinese people cannot speak Chinese Mandarin.
- For English speakers, learning Chinese is four times harder than learning French or Spanish.
- The most occurrence of a Chinese character is "的", an average of one for every 24 words.
- The most popular character is "子", it can form 668 words.
- "摩登" is not a foreign word, the pronunciation of "摩登" and "modern", both mean the same, is purely coincidental.
- English is part of the West Germanic group of Indo European language, which also includes German, Dutch, Flemish, and so on.
- The number of people learning English far outnumber native English speakers.
- Chinglish has become an important branch of the English language.
- 1/7 of Americans do not speak English at home.
- New York has 30% of people speak Spanish.
- English is the language with the largest vocabulary. Master Bai Zhijing of the New Oriental's Foreign Department understands 26,000 words which is not even 1/20 of the entire vocabulary.
- 80% of English words are foreign words.
- "Robot" in South African English means "traffic light".
- "Pants" means "trousers" in the United States and "underwear" in the United Kingdom.
- "Terrific" means "very good" and also "very bad".
- The United States does not allow the use of four words in a television program: "sh*t, f*ck, c*nt, horny".
- The longest word that can be typed only with right hand is "phyllophyllin". The longest word that can be typed only with left hand is "aftercataaracts", "tesseradecades" and "tetrastearates".
- The word "bid" has a vertical axis of symmetry. When it is written all in capital letters "BID", it has a horizontal axis of symmetry.
- The longest word that contains all vowels is "uoiauai", the longest word that contains all consonants is "twyndyllyngs".
- The word "honorificabilitudinitatibus" is the longest word that vowels and consonants alternate with one another.
- The shortest word that has all the vowels are "eunoia".
- The longest word that contains only one vowel is "chrononhotonthologos".
- The word "dormitory" can be restructured to be "dirty room".
- The longest word in the English language? Dictionaries generally write "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis" (a disease), a mountain in New Zealand called "Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahul", the largest known protein currently named "Methionylthreonylthreonyl ... isoleucine" (189,819 letters).
- Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig!
- A Chinese university with the largest number of foreign language is Beijing Foreign Studies University. There are 49 languages: English, Russian, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Arabic, Italian, Swedish, Portuguese, Cambodian, Vietnamese, Laotian, Burmese, Thai, Indonesian, Malay, Sinhalese, Turkish, Korean, Swahili, Hausa, Polish, Czech, Slovakian, Hungarian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Serbian, Croatian, Albanian, Finnish, Ukrainian, Dutch, Hindi, Urdu, Farsi, Hebrew, Norwegian, Icelandic, Danish, Greek, Filipino, Slovenian, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Irish, and Maltese.
- The world's most famous language enthusiast is Ziad Fazah from Brazil, he has mastered 56 languages at the age of 21 years old.
Original URL: https://read01.com/D06xnn.html
Post a Comment