1000 Words Challenge
If a picture is worth 1000 words, what are 1000 words worth? What would our society look like if every had at least 1000 words in another language?
- Businesses would be better equipped for success in the global economy
- Cultural and educational levels would be raised
- Innovation, creativity and enterprise would be boosted through contact with ideas and technologies from abroad, and international networks
- The intercultural skills we would gain would make us better adapted to living in a diverse society, more internationally minded and better at resolving cross-cultural conflict
- We would appear less arrogant and better able to put forward our ideas on the international stage
- Young people would be better prepared to access international opportunities and compete for jobs
- We would have a much bigger pool from which to cultivate specialist linguists and specialists in other fields with a high level of competence in another language
- Bilingualism would be better understood and seen as an aspiration for everyone
Are you ready to take the 1000-words challenge? Thanks for reading. Feel free to share this article if you like. If you have any opinions, please leave a comment. I love reading them.
Speak To The Future