|(Photo credit: Speak To The Future)|
If a picture is worth 1000 words, what are 1000 words worth? What would our society look like if every had at least 1000 words in another language?
- Businesses would be better equipped for success in the global economy
- Cultural and educational levels would be raised
- Innovation, creativity and enterprise would be boosted through contact with ideas and technologies from abroad, and international networks
- The intercultural skills we would gain would make us better adapted to living in a diverse society, more internationally minded and better at resolving cross-cultural conflict
- We would appear less arrogant and better able to put forward our ideas on the international stage
- Young people would be better prepared to access international opportunities and compete for jobs
- We would have a much bigger pool from which to cultivate specialist linguists and specialists in other fields with a high level of competence in another language
- Bilingualism would be better understood and seen as an aspiration for everyone
Are you ready to take the 1000 words challenge? Thanks for reading. Feel free to share this article if you like. If you have any opinions, please leave a comment. I love reading them.